Categories » Information Technology (IT) » Information Technology Q&A

Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Publications

Related SOG Resources

Discussion Topics

• Good afternoon,We are thinking of changing who we work with for our IT services.  Are there suggestions of companies or firms that we should consider?Kesha MatthewsFinance Off...  more
    Last post by Greg Isley - October 22
  • Hi,I am looking for a sample all inclusive Request for Proposal for Software-Financial, Payroll/HR, and Utility Billing/Cash Collections.  Please share if you have one.  ...  more
    Last post by Tammie McMichael - September 22
  • Does anyone have a policy or sample policy for working remotely? We're trying to prepare for the worst should personnel become quarantined. Thank you!
    Jana WilliamsFinance Director...  more
    Last post by Jana Williams - March 12
  • I AM TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE THAT USES THE LOGICS FINANCIAL SOFTWARE IN THE ATTACHED PICTURE.  WE ARE SWITCHING SORTWARE COMPANIES AND NO LONGER HAVE SUPPORT FROM LOGICS. ...  more
    Last post by Gary Sanders - January 15
  • We are getting ready to issue an RFP for a consultant to do a risk assessment of our current ERP system and help us compile our needs for potentially purchasing a new ERP system. H...  more
    Last post by nels roseland - December 2, 2019
  • A new survey has been created for Software System Vendors. The purpose of this survey is to share the Financial, PR/HR, and/or Utility Billing System that you currently use if appl...  more
    Last post by Valerie McKenna - November 4, 2019
  • Is anyone using the ExecuTime piece of the Tyler Technologies/MUNIS system that also incorporates the time clocks?  We were looking at purchasing one time clock from them and ...  more
    Last post by Shannon Moore - October 7, 2019
  • Hi all,Mecklenburg County is interetsed in a finance/accounts payable forensic software package. Please let me know what you use, what like and dislike about it etc. If you have co...  more
    Last post by Karl Beil - June 18, 2019
  • Good morning,We are considering issuing an RFP for IT services.  Does anyone have a copy of a RFP that they would be willing to share?  Also, are there any recommendation...  more
    Last post by Carly Hagg - June 5, 2019
  • We are going to start the conversion to incode shortly and we are currently using laserfiche for all of our content manager needs. I am wondering if anyone is currently using the t...  more
    Last post by Tammy Holland - February 6, 2019
  • Please share the name of the Accounting software / vendor that your County uses.
    Last post by Karen Evans - December 14, 2018
  • We are contemplating the purchase of new financial software for our city. Thesystem we currently use includes UB billing and financials. We aresurveying other Cities...  more
    Last post by Stephanie Humphries - December 6, 2018
  • Does anyone use software that allows a user to fax by email?  We are looking at eliminating our fax machine and wondered if anyone else has gone this route.  If you have ...  more
    Last post by Beth Hobbs - October 23, 2018
  • We are contemplating the purchase of new financial software for our county.  Would like to get some "ballpark" figures of what other counties (and cities) have paid ...  more
    Last post by Karen Evans - September 25, 2018
  • Recommendations on Citizen self serve in Munis. We are also looking at taking payments in Munis with credit cards. Whether you use the client self serve for payments or a third par...  more
    Last post by Jennifer Musselwhite - July 13, 2018
  • Good afternoon,I got one response, but it was not specifically what I need, so I am asking again.Does anyone have a security policy that satisfies all the PCI compliance ...  more
    Last post by Kesha Matthews - June 22, 2018
  • Good morning,Does anyone have a security policy that satisfies all the PCI compliance issues that they would be willing to share?
    Last post by Kesha Matthews - June 21, 2018
  • We are looking for a sample RFP for IT services because we would like to get one consolidated contract with one IT vendor. Any examples will be greatly appreciated.
    Last post by Karen Evans - March 7, 2018
  • I am looking for providers of cyber liability insurance.  Will some of you please share who you are purchasing your cyber liability insurance with and provide me contact infor...  more
    Last post by Rob Shepherd - January 5, 2018
  • We are in the process of looking for a new provider for offsite data storage.  We currently use Carbonite; however, the price has continued to rise.  What are others usin...  more
    Last post by Susan Powell - September 13, 2017
  • Good day, all.I am interested in knowing what financial management software you use and would you recommend it.Thanks in advance!Cindy GrahamFinance OfficerVillage of Whispering Pines
    Last post by Erica Walters - March 24, 2017
  • Has anyone recently contracted for website redesign services?  If so, do you have an example of an RFP that may have been used or a list of specifications you used to make a decision?
    Last post by Missy Rhodes - February 1, 2017
  • Good Morning,If any FMS users are interested in forming a users group, please send your contact information directly to me.  We could exchange ideas, solutions, etc.  I'l...  more
    Last post by Susan O'Brien - January 6, 2017
  • Hi, We are researching new accounting/utility software.  We currently use ICS by Harris.  Looking for any recommendations for software providers.  Also if anyon...  more
    Last post by Heather Meacham - November 29, 2016
  • We are currently looking to change our financial software.  Would anyone have an RFP for this?  Also, we are looking at Encode (Munis).  Any thoughts?Thank you in ad...  more
    Last post by Deleted Member - November 16, 2016