Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Publications

Related SOG Resources

Discussion Topics

• Has anyone successfully submitted for the reimbursement of an AutoPulse under FEMA COVID under C - 1 - b (equipment purchse for medical treatment of COVID patients)?
    Last post by Sarah Currie - August 13
  • Good Morning and Happy Friday!Does anyone have a document or other guidance for setting up a Special Revenue Fund?  I may have missed this on the multiple presentations and ot...  more
    Last post by Susan O'Brien - July 24
  • Good afternoon,I know there have been many questions recently regarding accounting and reporting on funds distributed to counties and municipalities through the Coronavirus Relief ...  more
    Last post by Chris Nida - July 21
  • The County Volunteer Fire Departments have requested the City to be the grant applicant for a FEMA Grant to purchase radios for all departments throughout the County and the City F...  more
    Last post by Scott Edwards - February 24
  • The City of Raeford received a 5 year SAFER Grant from FEMA for our Fire Department.  Has anyone ever used SAFER Funds to pay stipends to Volunteer Firemen?  If so, I hav...  more
    Last post by Scott Edwards - November 18, 2019
  • Good morning! Does anyone have experience with the Economic Development Planning Grant? We are nearing the end of our 3 year grant, and need to shore up our budget and expenses.&nb...  more
    Last post by Jeri Hansen - November 1, 2019
  • Good morning,Has anyone had any experience with accepting a FEMA "fixed cost offer" for hurricane damages?  If so, any feedback about positive/negative impact y...  more
    Last post by Richard Balmer - July 11, 2019
  • Does anyone have any experience writing/applying for a PARTF grant that would be willing to help the Town of Snow Hill? We would love to plan a splash pad, but do not have adequate...  more
    Last post by Renee Locklear - February 5, 2019
  • Does anyone have a policy on the use of Asset Forfeiture funds - either formal or informal?Thank you,Rhonda Sommer, CPATown of Selma
    Last post by Liliana Noble - June 27, 2018
  • Was hoping to get some feedback on how other units are managing grants.  Not so much the application process, but how you make sure grant agreements are submitted to Finance, ...  more
    Last post by J.B. Lagnie - June 15, 2018
  • Has anyone gotten a grant to help build a new animal shelter?  Is anyone aware of any grant programs to help in this area?
    Last post by Tony Helton - February 13, 2018
  • In 2013, the State changed the Franchise Tax law.  I know that utilites, i.e. electricity and natural gas, no longer had to pay a franchise tax.  These utilities, however...  more
    Last post by Kirk Medlin - October 24, 2017
  • I am curious if any other counties or cities have a Grants Management Team/Committee in place.  If so, what are the roles of the team within the County/city? Are there an...  more
    Last post by Kelly Dixon - September 28, 2017
  • Good morning,Do those of you who received Federal Equitable Sharing Program funds deposit the funds in a separate bank account or in your central depository account?Thanks,Gay Poor...  more
    Last post by Kimberly Branch - June 9, 2017
  • Does anyone have a financial policy as it relates to giving/receiving monetary and or non-monetary donations? Thank you!
    Last post by Kristin Boatright - May 4, 2017
  • During our Council retreat, the council desires update on where projects are.Just wondering if anyone has a template that they are using and like.Thank you K. Ann Stroud, CPAVillag...  more
    Last post by Ann Stroud - April 17, 2017
  • Has anyone had the opportunity to work with Cape Fear Tutoring, Inc. as a sponsor for the Child and Adult Care Food Program grant?If so, how was your experience?  Any informat...  more
    Last post by Kathy Dimopoulos - March 23, 2017
  • Does anyone have a grant policy that they would be willing to share.  From grant application through grant drawdowns to grant compliance.Thank youVickie
    Last post by Allison Speight - February 3, 2017
  • Did any of you get the customary email reminder from NCDOT on the Powell Bill Fiscal Data Report? We normally get a reminder email in November of the December 1 deadline ...  more
    Last post by John Frye - December 1, 2016
  • IF YOU ARE IN A JURISDICTION THAT HAS RECEIVED A PRESIDENTIAL DISASTER DECLARATION FOR PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM STATE EMERGENCY MANAGE...  more
    Last post by UNC SOG Administrator - October 28, 2016