Categories » Capital Finance / Borrowing Money » Capital Finance Q&A

Related SOG Blog Posts

Related SOG Courses

Related SOG Resources

Discussion Topics

• If any local governments are working on projects for which they are expecting funding (non Powell Bill) from NCDOT and would like to discuss, please contact me at (919) 814-4289 or...  more
    Last post by Sharon Edmundson - February 25
  • Has anyone received a bid from Bci capital management group?  Their proposal says they are a subsidiary of City National Bank of Florida. I wasn't sure if I should consider th...  more
    Last post by Kristin Stafford - February 21
  • Has anyone did a recent addition to the Town Hall and have a square ft cost of what that additional cost.Or has any one recenting built a building, what was square foot cost.
    Last post by Kim Batten - January 23
  • Good afternoon,Does anyone have a sample resolution or ordinance for closing out a USDA funded capital project account that they would be willing to share ASAP?
    Last post by Kesha Matthews - November 19, 2019
  • Good Morning,Does anyone have a loan with a credit union?If no, why would you not consider a credit union?If yes, what are the pros and cons?Also, if yes, do you have contacts that...  more
    Last post by Susan O'Brien - August 27, 2019
  • Does anyone have a RFP for the purchase of a new Pumper Truck that you would not mind sharing with us?Thank you for your time,Robin FarmerTown of Ocean Isle Beach
    Last post by Jeffrey Moore - July 17, 2019
  • Has anyone done a bond for street repairs where they used Powell Bill allocations to pay the bond debt?  If so, I would like to speak to you.Scott EdwardsCity of Raeford ...  more
    Last post by Scott Edwards - July 9, 2019
  • Good Morning,As personnel changes frequently in the banking arena, does anyone have current contacts?  I have Capital Bank (First Tennessee), First National, BB&T, and First C...  more
    Last post by Christy Thomas - July 1, 2019
  • Has anyone financed a fire truck recently?  Wondering about rates and terms.  Any information would be appreciated!Roxanne StilesTown of Forest Cityroxannestiles@townoffo...  more
    Last post by Pieter Swart - April 15, 2019
  • Good Morning,The Town of Fuquay-Varina is in the process of refunding bonds.  If anyone has done this lately can you please let me know what you paid for your attorney. Thank you
    Last post by Nicole Stevens - March 21, 2019
  • Good Afternoon,Is anyone currently participating or considering the fleet leasing program offered by Enterprise?Any feedback is appreciated especially as to how the financing actua...  more
    Last post by William Johnson - March 20, 2019
  • Does anyone have an RFP for Financial Services they can share?  We are looking at Revenue Bonds later this year and I would like to see what is out there in terms of FA servic...  more
    Last post by Shannon Moore - January 10, 2019
  • Does anyone have a sample RFP for Financial Services for installment financing they would be willing to share? Any assistance will be much appreciated.... 
    Last post by Darlene Carrasquillo - November 2, 2018
  • Good Morning,Does anyone have ideas for or experience with any grants or creative financing for large capital building projects to include a Police Department, Fire Department, and...  more
    Last post by Susan O'Brien - October 30, 2018
  •                       Notice of Request for Proposals
    To:           &n...  more
    Last post by William Johnson - March 29, 2018
  • Transylvania County is applying for a USDA Loan to finance a new courthouse.  USDA requires a Financial Feasibility Report with an Examination Opinion to be included in the ap...  more
    Last post by Gay Poor - December 29, 2017
  • Has anyone recently financed an installment purchase with United Financial (a division of HomeTrust Bank)?  We are receiving proposals for an equipment loan.  I would be ...  more
    Last post by Julie Scherer - November 28, 2017
  • Are any jurisdictions leasing ambulances?  If so, we would also be interested in a copy of your RFP (if you went out for bid), and if you sent the RFP to a list of leasing ins...  more
    Last post by Laura Jensen - November 15, 2017
  • Hello all! As you have likely heard, it appears that both the US House and Senate versions of tax reform may include a provision to eliminate the tax-exempt status associated with ...  more
    Last post by Linda Millsaps - November 14, 2017
  • Hello folks! As you likely know, as a part of tax reform Congress is considering eliminating the tax-exempt status of these tools. The NCACC is interested in learning the extent th...  more
    Last post by Linda Millsaps - November 14, 2017
  • I need an IRS compliant reibursement resolution. If you have approved one recently, please let me know.

Last post by Allison Speight - October 17, 2017
  • Has anyone issued bonds for street construction or repairs that were to be paid for using the Municipalities Powell Bill funds?  We are contemplating issuing a bond to re...  more
    Last post by Scott Edwards - October 16, 2017
  • Wake County is recruiting for the position of Debt Manager.  To learn more about this position or to apply, please click on the link below:Wake County - Debt ManagerThanks,Emi...  more
    Last post by Emily Lucas - September 8, 2017
  • Does someone have a RFP for Financial Advisor Services related to Bonding and/or recommendations on you to use?Thank you,
    Last post by Dwight Miller - February 1, 2017
  • Does anyone have a RFP they use for Bond Counsel and/or have a recommendation on a Bond Attorney?  Thank you,
    Last post by Jennifer Slusser - January 13, 2017
  • Does anyone have an IRS Reimbursement Resolution that I could borrow.  I promise to give it back when I am through:)Thanks in advance.Bob
    Last post by Bob Urness - December 1, 2016